As a successful careerist climbing the corporate ladder, you've been formerly introduced to the competitive woman.
A living and breathing female archetype of destruction and doom, this woman thrives in negativity and fosters feelings of inadequacy in all her relationships.
No doubt this behavior stems from childhood where women are taught to view their own personal appearance, personal value and worth with a critical eye.
How can women develop healthy business connections, make more money and achieve abundance when the need for catfights and sabotage abound?
Competition among women is the enemy of innovation and progress
- The Problem: When women compete instead of cooperate; this behavior asserts that there are only 10 great websites, 5 top blogs, 7 great fashion houses and 25 great writers. This mindset breeds a losing mentality and requires women to focus on lack and not surplus. The great idea for your new business or job will die under the weight of disbelief and feelings of worthlessness.
- The Solution: Education and Emulation. It’s possible to gather inspiration and ideas from other women without competing.
Make a list of the 5 top women-owned businesses in your field. Study their marketing approaches, product development expertise and customer service techniques. Send a brief note congratulating them on their success. It's hard to feel inferior or jealous when you’re expressing gratitude.
Competition among women feasts on limits and labels
- The Problem: “I'm not pretty, beautiful, wealthy, happy, sexy (fill in the blank) enough. I don't have enough money, connections, experience or knowledge to live a better life. I am not as wonderful as she thinks she is.” You're right. Whatever you believe you are. Change your thoughts and use the power of leverage. Strive to connect with 5 women per week who can help you achieve your goal.
- The Solution: Connect, Reciprocate and Serve. While you are complaining about what you don't have, you will miss an opportunity to collaborate with women who have the qualities and connections you need. As an added feel good bonus help these 5 women achieve their personal and professional goals as well.
Competition among women draws negative people like a magnet
- The Problem: Who doesn't have self doubts? I know that I do. Who needs more people to tell you that your idea cannot work? When you focus on the negative and bad, more people will show up to help you feel worse about yourself.
- The Solution: Ban all jealous thoughts from your life and replace them with positive people and more creativity.
Your corner of the universe is filled with an unlimited supply of connections, abundance and opportunities
If you strive for excellence and are determined to be the best employee, you won’t have to live in jealousy, envy or cattiness. You don't need to focus on Martha's, J-Lo's or Britney's millions or your co-worker's man, house or Mercedes when you can have your own.
There’s plenty of room at the top for many successful women entrepreneurs, employees and executives
Before you rush out to launch that website, find a new job or develop that new product, think about the innate advantages that women have over men. Use your zest for collaboration, superhuman multi-tasking skills and natural ambition to grow your business.
When we collaborate and avoid competition among women, we can enrich the feminine circle and get to the top of the wealth and abundance mountain together. The hand that rocks the cradle, can be the employee or entrepreneur that rules the world.